Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jelly Cupboard Build Update or not…..

Well unfortunately I haven’t had any time this week to make any progress on the Jelly Cupboard.  I really can’t wait to get it done.  I think it is going to look great.  I was out of town most of the weekend and then last night I had a server crash at work and was here until 4am and back at 8:15am.  Lots of Fun..

I have however ordered the Tin and Tools needed to punch the tin for the front.  My wife will be punching the tin.  I am going to build a little holding jig for her.  I will show that when I get it built.  I had plans to make this elaborate jig that was adjustable for different sizes of tin and all that good stuff.  In thinking about it I decided to keep it simple(KISS). 

We should have all that in next week.  I also have a couple of projects that are jumping to the front that just came up that I will feature here.  I will be making a handful of custom pens.  There are several for a wedding, some for other gifts and a set of pens that are going to go into a Cigar Shop.  <—Those are going to be interesting.  I will be working on a couple others as well.  I have 3 more drawers to get stripped on the Dresser Redo.  I am going to try and work on those tonight and get those knocked out and hopefully get the dresser prepped for paint next week. 

I really need to get it out of the shop and get the bedroom makeover underway.  The makeover will include a review of the Kreg Crown-Pro crown molding jig.  I will show how to use it and give you my thoughts on it as a tool for use around the house. 

Have a Great Day!

6 comments:

  1. You've got a lot of work to do, better to cracking! ka-chow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you psot pictures of those pens. I want to see more of your work! Rory

    http://thegreentiquessolution.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Rory. They should be fun. I'm really looking forward to the ones that will end up for sale in the Cigar Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grover,
    I updated my list of blogs I follow today and made sure you were on the list. That way you show up on my sidebar. Maybe a few of my followers will check you out by doing that. Keep up the good work. Rory
    http://thegreentiquessolution.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rory. I just did the same thing for you. I thought I had already done that but it is up there now. Anything I can do to help you build it up just let me know. It is a challenge for sure, but lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails