I spent a few hours in the shop tonight and got some things accomplished. I was able to get all the all the dados routed out for sides. These are my first ever dados. I did okay. They are a little loose in some spots and a little tighter in others.
I clamped the two sides together and marked the dados and then routed. One thing I stared doing to improve the dados after the first one was to cut on the inside of the of the lines and make micro adjustments. I kept a scrap piece of the shelf to test fit in the dados to make sure I had not over done it. I also had to rabbet the back of each side so that it will accept the boards for the back that will be attached. Here are a few pictures of that the back looks like. I spent a little time dry fitting the frame together and was pretty happy.
I stuck a level on it just to check it and see if it even came close. I am pretty happy with it of course it doesn’t really make a hill of beans at this point since it is just being dry fitted but there is potential there. Hopefully in the next day or so I can get things glued up and assembled. I cut the face frame pieces to short so I had to re-cut them. Glad I tested that out before I glued or nailed anything together. Shouldn’t be to much longer.
I also wanted to let everyone know about another project that I am going add to the list before a few others. I am hopefully going to be working with a local primitive store to build some shelves benches, etc. Here is a picture of one of the designs that I am going to build for them.
I would love to know what you all think. It’s a single bowl shelf.
Have a Great Day!